Learn how to store and reheat rotisserie chicken safely so you can enjoy it for up to 4 days, About how long does rotisserie chicken last in the fridge?.
Rotisserie chicken is a convenient and delicious way to get your protein fix. But how long is rotisserie chicken good for? And how do you store it properly so that it stays safe to eat?
In this blog post, I will answer these questions and more. I will also share some tips for reheating rotisserie chicken so that you can enjoy it at its best.
How Long Is Rotisserie Chicken Good For?
According to the USDA, rotisserie chicken can last in the refrigerator for three to four days. This is true regardless of whether you bought the chicken from the grocery store or cooked it yourself.
It is important to store rotisserie chicken properly to extend its shelf life. Here are some tips:
Cool the chicken quickly-
- Once you get home from the store, remove the chicken from the packaging and place it in a shallow dish. Cover the chicken and refrigerate it within two hours.
Store the chicken in an airtight container-
- This will help to prevent the chicken from picking up any flavors from other foods in the refrigerator.
Do not wash the chicken before storing it-
- Washing the chicken can spread bacteria to other foods and surfaces.
How to Store Rotisserie Chicken
To store rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator, follow these steps:
- Remove the chicken from the packaging.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap or an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the chicken for up to three to four days.
How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken
To reheat rotisserie chicken, follow these steps:
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for deep frosting about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil or.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
You can also reheat rotisserie chicken in the microwave (please do not use silver or aluminum foil while using microwave instead of this use cling film (wrap). However, be careful not to overcook it. Microwave the chicken on high for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
Tips for Storing and Reheating Rotisserie Chicken
Here are some additional tips for storing and reheating rotisserie chicken:
If you are not going to eat the rotisserie chicken within three to four days, you can freeze it. Frozen rotisserie chicken can last for up to four months. When you are ready to use the chicken, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
Do not store rotisserie chicken at room temperature for more than two hours.
When reheating rotisserie chicken, make sure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If your rotisserie chicken has a strange smell or appearance, do not eat it. It is best to err on the side of caution and discard the chicken.
If your rotisserie chicken has been stored in the refrigerator for more than four days, it is best to discard it.
I hope this blog post has helped you learn how to store and reheat rotisserie chicken safely. By following these tips, you can enjoy this delicious and convenient protein for days to come.